Information Technology Certificate Program.
The field of Information Technology is one of the fastest growing in the world. Almost every aspect of our lives today is affected by technology. The Information Technology Certificate Program offered by Blue Quills First Nations College is intended to provide students with a foundation in the basics of networking, upgrade & repair of PC’s, advanced use of productivity software & OS, programming, databases, website design & implementation. A work simulation special projects component is included. This is a ten-month program that will run five days a week from September until June.
Completion of this program can benefit the student in several ways:
- The program will make the graduate more attractive to potential employers looking for entry-level resource people.
- They will be better prepared to pursue more advanced training in the field of IT.
- Completion of studies in the Information Technology Certificate Program will prepare students to write the certification exams offered in their fields of study.
Candidates are required to satisfactorily complete the CAAT Testing. There are no pre-requisites for entrance. It is recommended that students consider the following as guides to success:
- Grade 12 or equivalent with strong reading & comprehension skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills, previous computer courses are a definite asset.
- It is VERY STRONGLY SUGGESTED that students have their own computer at home.
Box 279; St Paul, Alberta T0A 3A0
UnBQ Main Phone Line: 780-645-4455; Toll Free: 1-888-645-4455;
© University nuhelot’įne thaiyots’į nistameyimâkanak Blue Quills