In order for students to be admitted to Blue Quills Post-Secondary, they must satisfy the admission requirements of the institution offering the particular program, such as Blue Quills, Athabasca University or the University of Alberta. There are two admission routes for these programs:
Most of our students apply under the second category. This means that students should be at least 18 years of age. Testing will be done prior to admission into any program to determine reading and writing levels. Testing is available daily between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm weekdays. Please contact the Librarian to schedule test date.
STUDENT APPLICATION PROCEDURES
I. General Requirements
All students must be Canadian citizens, landed immigrants, or possess a student visa. Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the specific requirements of the particular program to which application is being made (See Program Pages13-38).
II. How to Apply:
Steps to Application Process
1. Blue Quills Application Form
2. Blue Quills Application Fee – $100.00
3. Official Transcripts (All transcripts and have them sent directly from the educational institution to Blue Quills)
4. Skills Appraisal Questionnaire (Please call the Librarian, to schedule test date)
5. Program Supplemental Questionnaire Two (2) Reference Letters (Required for L & M Program only)
6. Application Package (required for SWD and ECD Programs)
7. Interview with Coordinator (Please call to arrange interview)
8. Any other information specifically requested by program (contact the Registrar’s Department for more information) Other steps will depend on program you are applying for. The Registrar’s Department will inform you of individual program requirements. 9. APPLY FOR FUNDING IF NECESSARY.
III. Financial Assistance
The following agencies may provide financial assistance to students attending Blue Quills:
Respective First Nations
Treaty Six Employment & Training Services
Metis Nation of Alberta
Family and Social Services
Northern Alberta Development Council Student Bursary Program
Vocational Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons Program
Freehorse Family Wellness Society
Aboriginal Employment Services
Additional information for Post-Secondary Admission:
In addition to being at least 18 years of age students should also possess some high school credits. English 30 or an equivalent is usually required for most college programs. All first year post secondary students are required to enroll in English 200 as a prerequisite to continue in the University Transfer programs (based on testing results).
Students must fulfill the prerequisites of their chosen program before they can advance to the next level. Thus, for example, students cannot enroll in English 255 unless they have credit in English 30 or received credit for an upgrading course, English 200.
PLEASE MAIL APPLICATION FORM TO:
Blue Quills First Nations College
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A0
Did you remember to include the following information with application form:
Application Fee $ 100.00 (Non-refundable)
(Please do not sent cash through postal service)
(To receive transcript request forms, please contact the educational institution you attended or call our Registrar’s Department, we may have a copy on file.)
If you have any questions regarding the Application Form and/or procedure in completing the application process, please feel free to contact our Registrar’s Department.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL ALL OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND APPLICATION FEE ARE RECEIVED.
Phone: (780) 645-4455 Fax: (780) 645-4730
Toll Free: 1-888-645-4455 Post Secondary email: email@example.com